- Ultrasounds are harmless
- Possible from 7 weeks of pregnancy
- Ultrasounds in our practice
- Insurance reimburses at least 3 ultrasounds
- Extra ultrasounds are always possible on request
The first ultrasound is such a special moment in your pregnancy. You will then see the baby for the first time! This ultrasound takes place when you are between 7-11 weeks pregnant.
Multiple ultrasounds will be made during pregnancy.But you can always schedule extra ultrasounds if you like that yourself!
- Most scans are made in our own practice at the Nicolaas Witsenkade.
- The specialist ultrasounds (combination test and 20-week ultrasound) are made in our ultrasound center Echopunt *.
- You can watch on a large TV
- You always receive a photo
- We can also save the photos on a UBS stick
- An ultrasound is not harmful to the pregnancy
We will explain the different ultrasounds
What do the abbreviations on the ultrasound mean?
EDLM: The First Day of your Last Period
G/P: How many times have you been pregnant (Gravida) and how many times have you given birth (Para)
A terme: This is your due date
CRL: crown rump length. The length from the baby's head to buttocks (tailbone).
BPD: Bi-Parietal Diameter. The distance from ear to ear.
HC: Head Circumference. The head circumference.
AC: Abdominal Circumference. The waist circumference.
FL: Femur Length. The length of the bone in the thigh.
EFW: Estimated Fetal Weight, the estimated child weight at the time of measurement.
Vrw: Amniotic fluid, the amount of amniotic fluid.