What will change, starting May 11:
- Partners are welcome again during appointments and ultrasounds, we are very pleased with this. However, we must also ensure that everyone can keep 1.5 meters distance. This is sometimes difficult in our small waiting room. That is why we kindly request you not to come every check, but only for essential appointments. (like ultrasounds, the first check, the conversation about the delivery)
- All ultrasounds are offered again (also upon request, non-medical)
- All checks during pregnancy may again take place physically at the practice. Also the intake interview (first appointment) as well as the counseling (the counseling for the NIPT and the 20-week scan)
- During the delivery, (home or hospital) you’re allowed to bring maximally 2 extra persons (so your partner and your doula/mother if you want so).
- We will visit you again during your maternity week.
- The hearing test for newborn babies will be performed at the same time as the heel prick again
What measures remain in force:
- We don’t shake hands
- Unfortunately, children are not yet welcome at the practice, we understand that it is sometimes difficult to arrange, but the fewer people in the practice the better.
- Normally we have magazines, coffee / tea and toys in the waiting room. We have temporarily removed this.
- The heart consultation hour is unfortunately suspended, because it could get too busy. We now only work by appointment.
- Unfortunately, the information meetings/seminars can not yet take place, and will therefore remain digital for the time being.
- We want to guarantee the 1.5 meter measure, which means that a maximum of 2 couples can take a seat in the waiting room. There is a bench outside our practice, you can also wait there. It helps enormously if you do not come to the practice too long before your appointment, and also leave the practice as soon as possible after your appointment.
- Upon entering we ask you to disinfect your hands, for this we have disinfectant at the door.
- If you experience corona-related complaints or if you have been tested positively for corona, then we ask you to report this to us by telephone as soon as possible. Together we then examine whether the check is necessary or can be postponed.
- We still contact you frequently by phone. Please know that we usually call with an anonymous number. Therefore, in these times please do answer anonymous calls, also in your maternity week.
It remains very important that you at all times, contact us if you are worried or if you have any complaints. Do not wait (because it’s the weekend, or because it’s not the consulting hour e.g.) but always call the midwife on duty.
So far for the adjustments to the obstetric care.
We again hope for your understanding.